Terms and Conditions
Surfends, Terms and Conditions of Business
These are the Terms and Conditions upon which the Surfends, and any person or persons (the client) applying to book a surf or adventure’s agrees to adhere to:
When booking any lesson or course with Surfends a contract is made when the booking is confirmed in writing on WhatsApp by us. In the case of telephone bookings when a written confirmation is not possible then the agreement is a verbal contract.
Please be aware when booking, that your lesson may need to be rescheduled to accommodate you within a group setting.
once booked online a phone call or WhatsApp will be sent to you as a confirmation of booking
WHEN A BOOKING IS MADE:
You will receive confirmation of your booking via WhatsApp. Please note that for all booking made using GIFT VOUCHERS – Once the lesson is booked and confirmed by us, no changes are permitted. Gift Voucher bookings are non transferable and non-refundable. Please ensure that the date/s and time/s that you book are suitable for your requirements.
TERMINATION OF BOOKING
We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to terminate without further notice, the booking arrangements of any client who refuses to comply with the instructions or orders of the Company staff or other responsible person. This includes those whose behaviour, in the opinion of the Company staff or other responsible person, is likely to cause distress, danger, injury or annoyance to other clients, staff, or any third party and/or damage to property. Upon such termination our responsibility for your booking ceases and we shall not be held liable for any additional costs incurred.
Once you have made a booking that has been confirmed by the Company’s reservation staff, your booking is subject to the cancellation fee, if applicable.
- If you take part in a group lesson, you may meet some other guests.
- All guests in the group lesson are new beginners.
- Please focus and pay close attention to the surf instructor while you are in the group.
- Group lessons will begin as scheduled. There is no extra time for those guests who arrive late.
- The minimum age for this group is 15 years old.
- Language requests may not be made for group lessons. For our other packages, language requests are subject to availability.
- All transactions of board rentals including facilities are subject to the provisions of the company.
- The insurance is only coverage for the surfboard itself. Please make sure you have your own travel insurance before renting the board.
- Surf experience is required.
- The minimum age for board rental is 15 years old.
INSURANCE TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- We strongly recommend that you are properly insured for your lesson. It is your responsibility to ensure that your policy includes coverage for emergencies, including those which may occur during watersport activities such as surf lessons.
- The Company accepts responsibility should any of the services which we are contractually obligated to provide prove insufficient or not of a reasonable standard. This includes responsibility for the acts or omissions of any of our employees, subcontractors and suppliers. As detailed below, no liability is accepted for death, injury or illness.
- The Company does not accept liability or responsibility for personal injury to, or the death of any participant howsoever caused unless by the proven negligence of the Company, its employees, suppliers or subcontractors. Furthermore, the company is not held responsible for accidental injury or death caused by another party. In addition, the Company is NOT liable for death, injury or illness caused by an activity beyond that of the Company’s activities.
- The Company does not accept claims for medical bills or expenses during the medical treatment of its customers.
- The minimum age is 8 years old and the maximum age is 65 years old.
- It is the responsibility of the participant(s) to ensure they are physically fit, able to participate, and in good general health both before and during the surf lesson. At the time of booking, participants are required to disclose any illness or disability (including, but not limited to diabetes, epilepsy, asthma, heart condition, recent injuries, hearing impairment, visual impairment) that may affect their ability to participate. For those participants unsure regarding the aforementioned Health requirements, they must check with a doctor before booking and must be able to produce a note from their doctor upon our request. Participants must bring any necessary medication with them and ensure that our staff are made aware of said medication and its required method(s) of administration. Be advised that some of the activity locations are remote and/or isolated.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse any booking on the grounds that a medical condition may be potentially detrimental to the safety and normal operation of the course, as well as other participants when applicable.
Any customer making a last minute booking is solely responsible to contact us directly for a confirmation. This applies to bookings made within 24 hours of the lesson starting time. Due to our handling of customers on-site, we may be unable to reply to your email fast enough to provide a confirmation and/or address your questions/concerns. It is therefore, the customer’s sole responsibility to contact us directly, via the following two methods:
Whatsapp or Call: 0836877774
No refunds will be offered for any reason should you fail to contact us directly for a last-minute booking confirmation.
DATA COLLECTION POLICY
All information we store about you will solely be used for Surfends, service and marketing purposes that you have given consent too. We will not share your details with any external or third parties. All customer information held by Surfends is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998.
+27 83 6877774 / Victoria Bay Road, George, South-Africa / Surfing@surfends.co.za